Do you love pizza? Let me tell you… I could eat this any day of the week and sometimes any meal. I have found a tried and true pizza recipe that I love and bonus! I can use it on my WW plan. If you are interested in trying WW you can get one month free just by using my referral code here. Now just because I’m losing weight and eating this pizza doesn’t mean that it tastes “healthy” it’s actually very delicious and my whole family loves it. So without further adieu, here is my homemade pizza recipe.
Makes 2 large pizzas
Prep and cook time: 90 MIN
Oven temp: 350 degrees
3.5 Cups of All Purpose Flour
1 Tbsp of sugar
11 Fl oz of warm water (not hot)
1 tsp of table salt
3 Cups of 2% shredded Mozzarella cheese
1 and 1/4 Tbsp (or 14gm) of active dry yeast
1 tsp of garlic powder
1 cup of low sugar pizza or marinara sauce.
1. In a small bowl mix together water and sugar once sugar is mostly dissolved add the yeast, stir a little and let it sit for 5 minutes.
2. In a kitchen aid mixer or large bowl add flour, garlic powder, and salt. stir to combine. Add water mixture and kneed for 5 minutes. If it’s still too dry then add a tbsp of water. Make sure it is of dough consistency.
3. lift the dough and spray the bowl with cooking spray. Place dough back in bowl and spray over the dough. Cover with a kitchen towel and let it rise for 60 minutes.
4. The dough should have doubled in size. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
5. on the counter or a flat clean surface spray your cooking spray. place the dough ball on the surface and cut it in half equally.
6. Starting from the center of the ball, using your hand spread out the dough into a big circle. You may need a rolling pin to help you. If it’s too sticky to your counter then spray more cooking spray. Place on your pizza pan and continue with the other ball of dough.
7. On each pizza spread out 1/2 cup of sauce. Sprinkle 1.5 cups of cheese on each pizza
8. Add desired toppings if you’d like.
9. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and golden.
10. Cut each pizza into 8 slices and serve.
If you like this recipe you might like some of the others from my recent cook book Market To Table.