My daughter and I were talking today about how we could spend our evening doing fall things. Some of the things we came up with were carving pumpkins, caramel corn and baking pumpkin seeds. Luckily I had my trusted caramel corn recipe and all the ingredients on hand. This is probably the easiest recipe I’ve ever done.
What you’ll need is;
- 3/4 cup of popcorn kernels
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Karo corn syrup
- 1/2 tsp of baking soda
- Brown paper grocery bag
- Non stick spray (optional)
- Baking sheet (optional)
- Stock Pot with lid
- Small pan
- Place popcorn and 1/4 stick of butter in a stock pot. Place on high periodically shaking the pot to mix butter and kernels. Once it starts to pop continue shaking the pot. When the popping begins to slow down take it off the heat. (You can also use microwave popcorn if you choose)- We actually use a whirley pop which is amazing.
- Place popcorn in a greased (with non stick spray) grocery paper bag.
- In a smaller pan, bring 1 stick of butter, brown sugar, and Karo syrup to a boil while stirring. Don’t over boil. Once it boils for about 1 minute take off the heat and stir in baking soda.
- Pour caramel over the popcorn in the bag, fold the top of the bag and shake.
- Place bag in microwave for 90 sec and then shake.
- Place in microwave an additional 90 sec and shake.
- Place in microwave for 30 seconds and shake.
- Place in microwave for an additional 30 seconds, shake and pour onto a baking sheet until it cools down.