When I tell you that I’m excited for you to listen to this episode it doesn’t even begin to express my feelings about it. When I talk to fellow entrepreneurs I always ask them if they have an email list. There are colleagues I have that tell me they don’t because they just don’t have the time for one more thing. After today I’m hoping you’ll understand the importance. For me it all goes back to 2017 when I was doing some online education and found ways to hone in on making one and how I used it to further my business, however in 2022 I discovered it was my saving grace.
I’m telling you when I started mine and why it’s important to have one.
So If I haven’t convinced you to start an email list then I want to talk to you about 5 reasons why you should have one.
- YOU OWN IT
- YOU HAVE A DIRECT AUDIENCE
- YOU’RE BUILDING TRUST
So now that you know the top 5 reasons let’s talk about what you need to do to start a list.
- The first thing you need to do is figure out what platform you want to use. I currently love Flodesk and it’s so easy to use.
- The second thing is you need to figure out what you want to offer as a “lead magnet” this means what do you want to do to get people to sign up for your list? I suggest having no less than two different things for the same list to see what people are most interested in.
- The third is creating that freebie. I love using canva as a quick way to create things but like I said earlier, you can use something super simple like a google doc. It doesn’t have to be pretty, it just needs to be something of value to your potential clients.
- Next you need to figure out where you’re going to place your form so they can sign up. Are you going to put it on your website, or maybe it’s a pop up on a specific page of your site, you could post it to social media, maybe you’re doing a trade show and you’re offering a giveaway so in order to enter they need to sign up. Whatever it may be.
- Then create a welcome sequence for when someone does sign up. How many emails are you going to send and when. What do you want to them to say about you and your business that will serve them before you make any kind of offer?
So now that I’ve given you all of this information I’m curious if I have convinced you on starting a list. I hope you enjoyed listening in. If you’d like to get more information on the Cameras and Coffee Podcast you can visit karahanesphotography.com/podcast and check out the shownotes and join our list there as well. Until next time. Cheers
Episode Sponsor: Flodesk
Flodesk is a digital marketing service provider that’s built for creators, by creators. You can use it to design and send on-brand marketing emails, create high converting sales and checkout pages, publish opt-in forms to grow your list, and build powerful email automations. When you sign up for a free trial of Flodesk, you’ll get 30 days of unrestricted access to everything that Flodesk has to offer—no credit card required. Take your time to try it out and make sure it works for you before subscribing. Flodesk is what I use for my email list so that means when you decide it’s right for you, use code KARAHANESCREDIT and get 50% off your first year.