Are you ready to niche down your photography business yet? Niching down your business isn’t only beneficial for the business but also for you and your clients.
In this episode of Cameras and Coffee, Kara Hanes speaks with Katie VanderWal, a West Michigan wedding and elopement photographer who loves adventure. She enjoys photographing stories in their organic form, curating a lifetime of memories for her clients. She explains how niching to wedding photography has made her job easier and enabled her to cultivate long-term personal relationships with her clients.
Listen in to learn about the personal and professional benefits of niching down your photography business. You will also learn how niching down allows you to improve client experience and have time to focus on the little details that set you apart.
“With the niching down, you’re able to spend time focusing on those little details that set you apart.”-Katie [26:50]
What You Will Discover:
- [00:00] Intro
- [02:59] How Katie’s grandfather inspired her to discover her love for photography at a young age.
- [05:03] How she started with family photography and eventually transitioned into weddings and elopement.
- [09:27] She explains how she got into elopement photography plus her upcoming major international event.
- [12:50] How her love for traveling inspired her to quit her corporate career and niche down her photography business.
- [17:47] The personal and professional benefits of niching down your photography business.
- [19:33] How niching down allows you to improve client experience and foster a relationship with your clients.
- [26:30] How niching down allows you to focus on the small details that set you apart from others.
- [28:47] Why she’s excited about her flexible schedule this year that allows her to focus on her family.
Get In Touch: